Sunday, July 18, 2010

Things I Just Don't Understand


There are things in this life that I just don't understand. Ranging from simple things to more complex things.
And sometimes, I think I may be a little crazy. But that's OK, we're all a little crazy. Right? Somebody please tell me I'm right!



For instance...
Why does Rockin Green Laundry soap work so well? I can fill my washer up with the soap and water and it's crystal clear. I add my clothes, and I can no longer see through the water. How are our clothes so dirty? I've washed clean diapers in it, same thing. How long does it take for all the built up laundry soap to be removed? Will our clothes always cause the water to be filthy? I just don't understand.
And on the topic of laundry...I don't understand how Collin can insist on wearing the same clothes day in and day out, and yet when I wash his clothes, he has a bigger pile of clothes to be put away than anyone.

How come when Matt leaves, and tells the kids they can't come with him, it suddenly becomes my fault? Today, Matt has been cleaning out the van. He took out all the seats so he could vacuum it. When he left to vacuum it, of course no one could go with him. Emily cried her eyes out. And it was me she was mad at. As if I was the one who took all the seats out and wouldn't let her go.
I just don't understand.

I just don't understand how it can be, that doctors can go through years of medical school, learn a fraction of the workings of the human body, and still not believe in God. How can you learn all the intricate details of cells and think it all happened by chance? I do understand that they see people die, and it could cause them to wonder how a loving God could allow an innocent person to die. I get that. I don't get how they can't recognize all the miracles that happen around them, daily.

And finally, how can I be going about my day, cleaning out a cupboard, and have my world flipped upside down again? Every once in awhile, this happens. Today, I was cleaning a cupboard. It happens to be the cupboard that holds some meds. I came across a bunch of tiny medicine droppers. Droppers that were given to us when we took Natalie home from the hospital. Droppers for Lasix. And my heart dropped. All the feelings came rushing back, and for a moment, it was as if someone had sucked the breath out of me.
How can this still happen??? Why does this still affect me this way? Why is it so much harder this time than when it was Zachy? Or is it? Maybe it was like this with him, and I just got over it. I know I'll get over it this time too. I know I am so blessed. My baby is here. Alive. THRIVING. And yet, these things still hit me like a kick in the gut. Why?
I just don't understand.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...