Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Complete randomness

Because I can't think of anything worth writing an entire entry about, I'll just give you random thoughts. Lucky you!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Cockroaches are disgusting. And the ones here are HUGE. I used to associate them with uncleanliness, but the neighbor who has OCD has them too, and her house is SPOTLESS. They're just gross. And I don't recall inviting them in!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Texas is hot. HOT HOT HOT, I tell ya. Who ever chose to settle here, should be shot. I honestly don't know how any vegetation survives in this heat. It is amazing, really.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I learned something the other day. Due to the heat, Texas is now recommending you replace carseats every two years. Turns out they are finding out that the plastic becomes brittle from sitting in these stifling hot cars all year round and on impact are shattering. Good to know!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Tonight we are going to the zoo. It is for the heartwalk kickoff. It should be fun, but hot. I'm sure we will spend most out time in my least favorite place...the reptile house. Most reptile houses don't bother me, but this one does. You see it houses all the local venemous snakes. And personally, I'd just rather not know exactly how many species of venemous snake is living in my front yard!
The time is getting closer. If you haven't donated yet, go click the logo up top and donate!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*
The kids are becoming good swimmers. Zachy and Collin never even wear their life jackets anymore. They stay in the shallow water, but Collin is getting really good.
Matthew and Dillon are all over the place, diving to the bottom of the pool to retrieve lost items. It's pretty amazing what a year can do.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Did you know that if you are already pretty tan, and go swimming for 3 hours in 100+ degree weather, you will get sunburned. Only it won't look like the sunburn that you normally get, you will just look really dark. But it will still hurt like a sunburn.
Yes, folks, I'm talking about me. I AM TAN!! Can you believe it? OK, not like a whole lot of people, but the fact that I am tan at all, is a miracle!

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Speaking of me being tan. The other night a commercial came on. It is the commercial with the 100 year old black lady, I think it is for a financial something or other, but I could be totally wrong. Anyway, Dillon says, "is that what mommy will look like some day?" To which Matt replied, "I hope not, but I Guess if she stays out in the sun she may"
What a bunch of nuts!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Have I mentioned that Texas is hot?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
I need a babysitter. Everyone I have asked has declined. Why is it that no one wants to babysit 4 kids? Matthew and Dillon are a piece of cake, they entertain themselves. *sigh*

~*~*~*~*~*~*
We have lived here almost a whole year. The time just keeps going faster and faster, it is hard to believe it's already been a year. I now know where everything around San Antonio is, and I can tell you things like, 281 and 10 are always under construction, and things like Chuys is the only mexican restaurant in town who doesn't fry their food in lard.
Time's flying.

~*~*~*~*~*
In Texas, it doesn't matter how fat you are...sleeveless shirts are definitely an option. As is tiny little shirts, apparently. I used to look at people and think, "wow she really shouldn't be wearing that" now I think, "wow, I need one of those, I'm sure I'd be much cooler" It's all about staying cool here!

~*~*~*~*~*
I reallay ought to be cleaning, so that's what I'll do.
Stay cool everyone!!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Hey Bek! Just thought I'd pop on and say 'Hi!' Nothing else, really, just 'Hi!' And, I am soooo glad that I do not have cockroaches and all those bugs and venemous snakes - I really DO NOT think that I would be able to handle it! *lol* Anyway, love and miss you all!

Crayonsetc said...

Oh, I love that song!! I have always loved Martina!!! Heading off to iTunes!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...