Friday, February 15, 2008

Trees

I love the trees in Texas. Especially this time of year. I don't particularly care for them when they have leaves because the leaves are all really puny. But at this time, I love them. I think they have such character. All bendy and knobby. They all seem like halloween trees, if halloween had trees. No, they aren't the pine trees I'm so used to, but they have a uniqueness all their own.
Usually, these trees are just full of Grackles, and I have really come to enjoy their calls, as well.
Matt thinks I'm nuts for liking the sound of these birds, they sound a bit like crows, only not. And I'm sure he'll also think I'm crazy for dedicating an entire entry to the trees.
They are just so beautiful.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SPECTACULAR photos! What drama. I love them.
Starkness has beauty all its own.
papa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...