Monday, August 24, 2009

Thirteen years ago

Thirteen very short years ago, my title went from being daughter, sister, wife, to the best title in the world. Mother.
I know it is cliche, but it feels like just yesterday that I was pregnant. Well, yesterday (and today) I was pregnant, but I mean heavily pregnant with my first child.
I had no idea what to expect. We were so naive. God sure had other plans for us! We wouldn't get to just play dress up with our new baby, the way most young parents expect to. No, our road would be much more difficult.
And it would change us. All for the better. Through the years, there has been much heartache. Many talks (one sided arguments) with God. Many, many tears.
But the joy that we have had through the years takes those times and fades them into distant memories.
Matthew is such an amazing person. He continues to be artistic and would prefer to draw than to read. He doesn't really like school, but what kid does? He loves the theater and would be in a play all the time if the opportunity presented itself. Just last week, he and his brothers started the audition process for Excalibur. Soon, we should know their parts. It doesn't really matter to Matthew, though, he just wants to be on stage. I wonder where he gets that??
He starts eighth grade this year, which baffles me. How did we already get here? The other day, Emily was doing her little hand in the air saying, "boo boo" (blue's clues) and it took me back to eleven years ago, when Matthew did the exact same thing. It's amazing how much she sounds like he did.
I could go on and on about him, but I think I'll close. I told him that the reason I'm pregnant right now is because when they turn thirteen, we trade them in for newer models. He doesn't seem to believe me..claiming I love him too much to get rid of him. When did he get so smart??
I love you Matthew!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...