Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby

Oh my, I feel so guilty about not posting this until today.
But guess what happened on Monday??
My wee little baby turned one year old! I so cannot believe that a year has already passed. She is walking all over the place and is just too cute for words.
So, what did we do for her birthday, you ask.
If you will recall, Phantom was on Sunday. Sunday morning at about 4 I woke up and could feel the heat coming off Emmie. Took her temp. 104. Poor punkin. We gave her meds and were able to get it down a bit. I was pretty nervous about leaving her while we went to the show. We've never left her before, and what a way to do it. She did fine though. And the show was great. We had such a good time. Poor Matt though, the guy sitting in front of him had a ginormous head. It blocked half the stage, so he and I spent the whole time leaned over to the right so he could see. But it was still so good.
We got home, and Emmie appeared to be doing really well. Her temp was down, and she was pretty chipper.
Later in the evening, we went to go grocery shopping. Halfway through I told Matt that we had to leave because I had to take Emmie to the ER. She was just so out of it and hot. I feared another UTI, and knew it would be impossible to get her seen the next day. Only this time I was smart. I took her to the army hospital instead of the air force hospital. For one thing, it's much closer to where we live, and for another, we wouldn't have to wait on all the basic trainees who get priority on base.
I got there about 9:30 and waited for an hour to be triaged. During this time, she fell asleep and kept spazzing out. It scared me and I was sure she was going to seize. Some folks were talking about the fact that they'd been there since 4 in the afternoon. When they took her to triage her I asked if they would please give her something to help with the wait. They took her temp and it was 105.3. They pretty much freaked. They gave her meds and sent us for a chest x-ray. She was also panting by then. Then they put us in the orthopedic room. They did urine tests, blood tests, flu tests, and an RSV test. It all came back negative. Her heart was beating really quickly, so they gave her fluids. Then they decided since they had no source for the fever, they would admit her. But guess what. The army hospital doesn't have a peds ward. So, at 3:30 in the morning, we went by amubulance back to the air force hospital. When we walked through the waiting room, I saw people still sitting there from 9:30.
We stayed the night there and they repeated some tests. All of which were still negative. At 3:30 in the afternoon, they discharged us. Her temp was between 101-102.
Since coming home, she has become very congested and today has a really bad cough. Yesterday, she had her follow up and they say it must just have been the beginning of an upper respiratory infection.
Last night, her fever was back, but today she seems to be pretty cool.
The nurses in the ER sang happy birthday to her after starting her IV. I will always remember that nurses in the ER sang to her first.
She is such a wonderful baby, and we love her so very much. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. I already miss my sweet tiny baby.
Happy birthday Emmie, we love you more than you can imagine.


Anonymous said...

she is so freaking cute! I think she looks a little like jen's baby too. Happy birthday! What a way to end the year the first year.

Anonymous said...

That last picture she sure looks alot like her daddy. :)


gina (uk) said...

Awwww sorry to hear little one has been so sick, how scary for you all. NO WAY she can't be 1 already !!!

Happy Birthday E :)

Crayonsetc said...

Oh my goodness... she is so beautiful. She looks just like her Mommy!!!

Hope her birthday was amazing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...