Friday, March 28, 2008

Not meant to offend

I noticed today that the neighbor across the street has the cutest baby bump.
And why did I notice this?
Why because she was outside having a cigarette.
This makes me sick. I'm so sorry if I offend anyone, but it does.
Babies are so precious..and fragile.
Why would you do anything that could jeopardize your bundle of perfection?? I don't get it.
The only thing I can think is that they have never been affected by a child with a difficulty.
The thing is, her baby will probably be just perfect. And it isn't that I would ever wish anything wrong with any baby..it just kind of irks me.
OK, climbing off my soap box.
Back to the regularly scheduled blogging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh that sooooooooo pees me off. I always remember the poster in the doctors office with the Mom smoking and u can see the smoke go down to the baby - its terrible. How could someone be so cruel to their unborn baby.

Anonymous said...

That makes me crazy when I see it too!!!!! I totally know what you mean. I used to work in an office where I was the receptionist, so I sat by the front doors. There was a woman who went out for smoke breaks 3x a day her WHOLE PREGNANCY. I had to literally bite my tongue to not say anything to her. Disgusting!!!

Crayonsetc said...

And the saddest part of all is that you are right, the baby will probably be born perfect... and be diagnosed with asthma before the age of 5 because mom smokes!!! I have seen that too many times... i just wanted to smack them upside the head... and as an RT, I came awfully darn close!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...