Friday, September 11, 2009

A little bit of this and that

This has been a great week.
The weather has been a bit cooler (OK the 80s, but that's cool for here), and we are finally being blessed with rain. Oh, sweet glorious rain. I love the rain.
I love fall. So much. And if I keep the doors closed, I can pretend that it is fall. But then, I open the doors, and it's hot, and I am reminded once again that things are going to get green instead of orange and red. And that there won't be any snow this winter. It will just be like every other day. So disappointing.
I need to buy some mums, but I haven't seen any in the stores yet. That makes me feel a bit more fallish.
Oh well. Time is flying. Before I know it, I will have a sweet little newborn to snuggle with. And it's a good thing too, since Emily has suddenly decided she is a total daddy's girl. When he's around I'm worthless. Unless, of course, we happen to be at church or somewhere I want to be alone at, then I'm all that will do. Figures. It's alright though, because she is growing up so quickly, and soon she'll want nothing to do with either of us. She has turned into this sweet, silly, HAPPY girl. Given her babyhood, this is shocking to us, almost every single day. I was just telling Matt the other day that I often look at my kids and thank God that we didn't stop after just two. We would be missing out on so much! They are all such a blessing in their own little ways.
OK, the banana bread is baking, the big kids are running lines, and the little three are playing outside. I'm going to kick my feet up for a bit and just relax.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...