Monday, April 6, 2009

Review Monday

I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Ours was busy, filled with evangelistic meetings at church.
However, on Sunday I battled a migraine all day that knocked me out. I was so sick to my stomach and basically did nothing all day. Matt took the kids to church, and I stayed in a supine position all day.
Today is a new day though, and I'm feeling much better.
We did manage to have some fun this weekend!
Saturday night, Matt and I watched Mamma Mia!

We had both wanted to see it, and finally decided to rent it. I absolutely loved it. I know it got mixed reviews, but it was right up my alley. I'm normally not a Meryl Streep fan, but she was adorable. I can't get the songs out of my head, and am tempted to change my blog songs from Disney to Mamma Mia! songs. We'll see.
Also, on Saturday, I received a book in the mail. It's called The Miracle of Me, and it was written by Amy Pedersen.

You might think that after having five children, I'd be done with pregnancy books. But nothing could be further from the truth. I love pregnancy books. When I'm pregnant, I read them religiously, even the ones I've read before. Amy sent this book to me, and I couldn't be more thrilled. This book is great. She wrote when she was pregnant with her second (I think) to help her old child understand what was going on in Mommy's tummy.
Now, if you buy this book expecting to know all there is to know about pregnancy, you'll be disappointed. But to help an older child it is perfect. Each week consists of a 4 week poem about the baby's development, and it includes phenomenal pictures of baby in the womb. My favorite part, though, is the ruler that shows baby's size. It really helps to put things in perspective. I give this book an A+. Thank you, Amy, for sending it to me!
And that's it. Now we are on to school. And back to the library to return videos that are due. Here is a reason I don't like the library. Dillon was so excited to read his book. He read the 9 chapter book in 3 days. Figured if he read 3 chapters a day, he'd be done in 3 days. Now, he wants a new book. But guess what. He can't find the book to return. I'm sure it's tucked safely in his bed somewhere!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...