Friday, July 4, 2008

12 years

I know on this day you would expect an entry about how Matt and I have been so happily married for 14 years. And it's true, we have. Wouldn't trade a minute of it, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with my one true love.
BUT...we got news yesterday that seems to be more important!! Maybe not more important, but so very, very great!
Yesterday, we did a Carelink on Zachy. If you don't feel like clicking on that link, I'll just tell you what that is! It is the monitor that pulls the information from Zachy's pacemaker out, through the phone line, and sends it to the Doctor. Genius invention, I tell ya! Dr Bush emailed me yesterday to say things looked great, and that after adjusting the energies at his last appointment, Zachy's battery should last 8.5 years! That means he'll be TWELVE years old when it's time to change it!
I cannot even begin to tell you how this makes me feel. I want to cry every time I think of it. Tears of joy. When they originally put it in, it was showing it would only last 3 years. This is such great, great news.
My kids are the toughest kids I know. They are my heroes. It breaks my heart to think of all they've been through. The other night, Zachy finished his aspirin (another HOORAY!) and he said, "oh good, now can I go get this thing out?" It about killed me. But normally, it doesn't bother him at all, and he is such a strong little trooper.
So yeah, 14 years of wonderful marriage, and excellent news about Zachy. Makes for some great days!!

1 comment:

GinaBeana said...

That is AMAZING news!!! Wow! 12 years??? That is soooo great!! God is so so so good!
And Happy Anniversary! I hope it was wonderful! We love you both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...