Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Public Education at it's Finest


On my way home from the bank, I drove past the local high school. I just had to take this picture. I could say so much about it, but will refrain.
I will say this, I'd hate to be the parent of a Junior..who knows when their registration day is. And I wonder how many "Cafes" they have. If you are the lucky parent of a Senior, you can circle the block and get the sign from the other side. That's where their info is.
I wonder if they teach grammar or spelling to their kids. Maybe the administration is exempt from having to have grammar or spelling skills. OR..maybe..as my kids say..they just spell things differently than most people. Yeah..that must be it.
Whatever it is, I think I'll just keep my kids home.

2 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

My children goes to Public School. While I agree that that sign was "horrific" and unacceptable, I would like to also mention that that is not a representative of all the Public Schools.

Just thought I'd clarify that.

While Public School is not perfect and there's a lot of room for improvement, sometimes it's all other people has. Let's all help find ways to help improve it.

I am not offended by the post. It is what is it. Just thought I'd give some point of view from the other side of the fence :)

Liza

Anonymous said...

Liza, Are you the principal of that school? A teacher there?

Mom to Five Monkeys, Funny post. Thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...