Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day one = SUCCESS!

Every year, VBS is stressful. This year has been so much less stressful than normal. I don't know if it is because we are just getting used to it, and better at directing, or if it is because we've delegated a bunch this year. Probably a bit of both.
I have been less than enthused about the theme this year. And therefore, haven't gotten into as much as last year. I'm chompin at the bit for next year! It will be a bayou theme and it looks so cool. This year though, it's PowerLab. The kids enjoyed last night, but I tell ya, it's just hard. Decorating has been the hardest. But, it all came together.
I'm directing the preschool this year, so I'm not able to see any of the other action going on. Matt says it's going well.
When I see pictures like this, I know it is all worth it. And yes, that is my son who does not have his eyes closed in prayer. Goofball!



I cannot tell you how I feel when I witness kids learning more about our Lord. When I hear them singing, "Holy, Holy,". When I see them praying. It is one of the most awesome feelings in the world. And THAT is why we do this every year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...