Saturday, April 9, 2011

Whew..I am pooped!

Matt has been gone this week.  Partying it up in Chicago.  OK, not really.  He is in Chicago at an audiology convention though.  He left last Sunday, and a little bird (named Matt) told me that he would be home late, late, late tonight, instead of tomorrow.  Hooray!
I tell ya though, we sure do run around a lot.  Everyone is always so concerned about the socialization of homeschooled kids.  It's funny though, because every homeschool family I know will tell you we have the opposite problem.  We have someplace to be, that involves at least 2 kids, every weekday. 
It does make the time go fast when Matt is gone though!
I have to add here, that it amazes me how Matthew steps up and takes the roll of Man of the House, when Matt is gone.  He is growing up way too fast for me.  Yesterday, when I was prepping the kids for what would happen if the government shut down, he said, "how old do you have to be to get a job at McDonald's?  I'll find a job somewhere!" 
Thankfully, as we all know, the government didn't shut down and I don't have to be responsible for selling my kid out for child labor.
So today was particularly exhausting.
I think all the running just caught up with me.
The day started out good, we got up and were on time to church.
In Sabbath school, Emily was a one man show.  Boy that girl likes to be the center of attention.  She was tired though, and by the time church was over she was melting down at regular intervals.
We were in the mother's room during the service, and I hope my kids got something out of it, because I dozed off...shhh, don't tell the pastor!  I couldn't help it, it is just so dim and quiet in there, and the chair was so comfy, and the baby was sleeping in my arms, perfect dozing scenario!
After lunch, Em, Collin, and Zachy went with some friends who took them to Adventurers for me.  Thank you, Tricia! 
The other kids and I came home to discover the dog ate something that didn't agree with his tummy.  Let's just say, a dog with the runs that is not potty trained is NOT fun. 
We put him outside, but it had been pouring earlier and he became a big mud ball. 
Matthew gave him a bath, and we tried to avoid him becoming another mud ball by keeping him in.
Unfortunately, he still needed to use the yard, and used the carpet instead.  As I'm cleaning this all up, Nannie got her brother's toothpaste.  She had been into one thing after another, and for a brief moment I almost let her keep the toothpaste, but came to my senses!  She was a sticky mess and the floor was a poopy mess. 
I did learn today that Rockin Green laundry detergent rocks at getting poop stains out of carpet!!  Good to know! 
Now it's pizza time, and Collin just pulled the pizza out of the oven, only to drop it on the floor!  I guess that's my cue to get back to being a mom!
It's movie not, Voyage of the Dawn Treader is up tonight!  We'll see if I can keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...