Monday, April 10, 2006

Does it get any better than this??

I have mentioned in my blog that we have been attending Bible Studies.
More like an evangelical series.
It was truly the most awesome experience of my life. OK, giving birth doesn't count, I'm talking more spiritual life here! The speaker was amazing and we became quick friends with him and his wife. He is the one singing the song playing right now.
At any rate, he and the regular pastor came out several times to study with us, and we studied on our own, in addition to attending meeting 5 times a week. At the end, we were both totally convicted to be rebaptized. I've been feeling like I needed to be rebaptized since Zachy was born. That was really my spiritual turn around point. This series was Matt's. Through it, Matthew also decided he would like to be baptized as well. We weren't so sure he was ready, but the pastor's talked with him and decided he knew what he believes and was ready.
So this last Sabbath, along with a group of other folks, I was baptized with my husband and eldest son!
Can I tell you how awesome that is?? I never knew it would move me in such a way. It moved other folks as well, there were quite a few tears shed. :-)
There were 13 people baptized all togehter. Two others were going to be, but got in a car accident and couldn't be there.
I can't tell you how great it feels to be 100% sure of what you believe in.
Life is good. :-)

~~~~~~~
We enlisted the help of a friend to get us some pictures. He's got a real gift I tell ya! A gift for getting everyone at their worst!! Oh my!!

Anyway, here is the whole group or us. The man and woman next to me are the regular pastor and his wife. The man and woman on the other end (the man in the suit standing next to the blonde lady) are the evangelist and his wife. The man not in a suit, was joining the church on profession of faith.



I love this picture and wish I could have been there. But in this particular church there are two sides to the baptistry, one for the ladies, and one for the men. So they were getting ready on the men's side, and since our photographer was a male, he got this.



Matthew went first in our family. I wish we could have gotten a picture of him as he came up. He was grinning from ear to ear. Made my heart swell so big!!



I was next. This picture is horrid. But that is ok. I promise I am not that big, the gown just floated around me. I was so nervous that he would drop me though, so that is why I look worried! LOL No dropage though!!



Matt went last in our family. It was totally awesome. To say I was a wreck is an understatement, thankfully, I was on the ladies side so my guys didn't see me lose it! :-)

3 comments:

Crayonsetc said...

It sounds like a wonderful evening. (and btw, did I mention that I am a Saturday night church goer?? ;))

Maria said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family!! that is just AWESOME!!

gina (uk) said...

OH WOW - now that is totally amazing and wonderful and something I would love to do with my little men. It must have felt brilliant and totally uplifting. Way to go all of u.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...