Tuesday, April 18, 2006

This is something new!

Yesterday it was 102 degrees. On the way to church last night, we went through several intersections with the lights not on. We didn't think anything of it. When we got to church though, the pastor's wife asked if we had been affected by the rolling blackouts.
I had no idea the electric companies could force you to conserve energy by shutting off your power at any given time for 2 hours! Crazy!
It never did get here, but today is supposed to be just as hot. If they are going in a specific direction I'd say that it could affect us today, because those intersections were just right outside our housing.
Strange strange strange! Who knew what things I'd learn living in Texas!!!

1 comment:

Crayonsetc said...

We had a high of 50 today... cold front moved in... granted yesterday we had 80... either way, I will take EITHER of them over your 102!!! I SOOO can't handle heat any more... never would know I grew up in Phoenix, Huh??? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...