Sunday, April 23, 2006

Stolen poem

I stole this poem from over at God's Many Blessings. Her little guy has the same heart defect as my baby. I love it. For all my babies, I love you.

you are who you are for a reason.
you're part of an intricate plan
you're a precious and perfect unique design,
called God's special woman or man.

you look like you look for a reason.
our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
you're just what he wanted to make.

the parents you had were the ones he chose,
and no matter how you may feel,
they were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
and they bear the Master's seal.

No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
and God wept what it hurt you so;
but it was allowed to shape your heart
so that into his likeness you'd grow.

you are who you are for a reason,
you've been formed by the Master's rod.
you are who you are, beloved,
because there is a God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the stolen poem. My 11 yr old adopted son has started questioning the reason for his existance. Don't you love those harmones? I copied it for him to read later. Thanks for posting it. Linda

Shell said...

I just love that poem. Thanks for swiping it and posting it. :)

Maria said...

glad you liked it so much you posted it in your BLOG...i am honored!! just so people know it is written by russell kelfer if anyone wants to know!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...