Thursday, April 6, 2006

What did people do before air conditioning??

It is currently 83 degrees. And HUMID. Our A/C keeps freezing up.
I just called maintenance and they will be here shortly to fix it for us. Meanwhile, we are HOT.
We're such wimps. It is supposed to be 95 today. Seriously, what did people do in the days without the good ole A/C?? I'm picturing old steel fans spinning slowly while the folks wipe sweat from their brow. Sipping on ice cold lemonade or iced tea. Even before electricity...what did they do? Now I'm picturing ladies in their BIG HEAVY WOOL dresses, fanning themselves.
Seriously, there must have been a lot of deaths from heat stroke in those days. The ladies didn't even have shorts to wear!! Poor souls.
OK, so I don't have it so bad. And besides...it'll be fixed soon!

3 comments:

momofmany said...

you live in texas...

Crayonsetc said...

Try living in Arizona, in 1975 with a swamp cooler. UGH!! Monsoon season hits and it is useless... so I totally understand what it is to be hot :) I can't even imagine... although I will say that most women didn't wear wool in the heat of the summer in Arizona and Texas ::giggle::

gina (uk) said...

Try living in the UK with NO air conditioning at all apart from in places of work and restauants. No homes have it and it would be a total luxery. I have never know anyone to have it !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...