Thursday, June 8, 2006

It's been nice

Maria asked me where the kids were.
They are at a Seventh Day Adventist camp, just west of Austin.
And I have to say, it's been nice. There is an amount of comfort that comes with knowing your kids aren't having sausage for breakfast. And knowing that come sabbath, the entire camp will be having church. Nice indeed.
It is also good to know that Adventists camps are good camps. What I mean is this. When Dillon called, someone from his cabin was getting stitches. Matt said, "right there??" I said, "yeah, why not? they have an RN and a fully stocked first aid building" He said that when he was at camp, a friend of his had a seizure, and he, being 15 or 16 was the only one in the camp who was trained in cpr, and he had to give her mouth to mouth! How scary is that? It makes me feel good to know that they can handle these types of emergencies there. Phew.
I do miss them terribly though. I can't wait to see them Sunday and hear all about their week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...