Sunday, March 19, 2006

I'll take it! And a wee bit concerned

This morning I hopped on the scale, and well, check out my ticker. FINALLY, am I over the hump? Anyway, I looked and thought, 'that can't be right' Hopped off. Reset it. Got back on, same number. In true Taylor Hicks style I yelled out, "I'll take it!!". LOL If you watch American Idol you know what I'm talking about, if not, sorry...we'll call it an inside joke!

OK, so now why am I concerned? My mom and stepdad are coming to visit this week. Great, you say, why be concerned? Well, you see, Collin and my mom have this special bond. Prodded on, in the early years, by my mom, but it is there, and strong. When we first moved here, he wouldn't talk to her on the phone. I would say, "Collin, talk to grandma, she misses you" and he would screw up his face and say, "tell her to come visit me then!" And he just wouldn't talk to her. He is finally getting over that, and talking to her. He is so excited that she is coming to see him and tells me all the time what he is going to say to her when he sees her. Mainly, which rides he is going to ask her to go on with him at Sea World. LOL

Rewind now to Christmas. At Christmas time, my dad and stepmom came to visit us. The night they got here, Collin told me, "I don't like Santa, I like PAPA, but I don't like Santa"
When it came time for them to leave he wouldn't even look at them. Never said goodbye and just wouldn't even acknowledge them. After they were gone, he said," I don't like papa" in a very sad quiet voice. When I asked why not he said, "because he did leave me" *sigh*

So I'm very concerned about what is going to happen when my mom leaves. Will he be all upset again? I guess it won't be so bad because we will be going up to see them in July, but he has no concept of time, so that may not be of any consolation to him.

Let's just pray that Collin handles it all fine, and doesn't get his little heart broken.

2 comments:

Shell said...

WTG on the weight loss!! Heck ya take it! lol That's great! Keep up the good work! Are you rooting for Taylor too?? That's Chris' favorite. I like the Chris guy. :)

Cory said...

Aw, that's a little heart-clencher of a story (about Collin and his grandparents). I hope he does well with their next visit.
My son is VERY close with my parents as well, I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to move away. I hope everything goes okay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...