Friday, March 10, 2006

VBS excitement

One night the pastor walked up to me and said, "would you like to do VBS this year?" I was thinking, 'ok I can help, no big deal'. But no, Matt and I are now the directors. The kids and we are SO excited. We are doing a theme called Sonship Sands, and will have a caribbean theme. Of course then the pastor throws at me, "people in Texas LOVE VBS, there will be lots of kids." OK, so a little nerve wracking, but what a great way to reach the community. Our church sits in a newly developed area with tons of neighborhoods around, but no other church. We could indeed have a ton of kids. How glorious! I just hope there are enough people willing to help!!

2 comments:

Crayonsetc said...

I always help with VBS too. I think I am glad our Children's director changed, cuz our past director wanted me to chair VBS at Woodmen... since that is where I wanted to help now that we are there. I am better at a teacher just doing my thing :) This year Woodmen gets the week of my birthday... that is traditionally our Briargate date... so that will be cool!

Deb said...

thats pretty cool. hope its a blast

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...