Sunday, February 5, 2006

I can't WAIT

I know I need to live in the here and now, but let me tell you, I so cannot wait to wear skinny clothes again.
I know, I know. That is a LONG ways off, but still, I can't wait.
The weekends are really hard on me. I think it is because I'm not nearly as busy, so I eat. I gained weight yesterday, but I'm attributing it to all the salt I ate. Made me retain water. ;-)
So this morning, I woke up (totally not bright and early ;-)) and had a date with Richard. I'm feeling much better. My legs no longer quiver, and I can make it through the whole tape without practically dying. It feels good.
I can do this. I know I can. I've done it before, albeit not with so many pounds, but I can do it. Richard tells me all the time, 'you can do this' and I tell him, 'yes I CAN' LOL OK, I'm a dork, and Matt laughs at me for carrying on a conversation with someone in the TV, the same one every time even! Oh well.
In other news, today there is a neighborhood superbowl party. We will be attending, dressed as the outcasts. HA! We were quite surprised to even be invited, but we were, and so we will go. Now, I have a question, and I totally don't mean this in a bad way, I'm just curious.
We have 3 mormon families here, all of which have told their kids that they may not go outside on Sunday because it makes Jesus sad. Now, why is it ok for them to go to a superbowl party? I know in the Adventist religion, our sabbath is from sun down Friday, till sundown Saturday. Is it something like that in the mormon religion? Is there a certain time it becomes ok to go outside to a party? Heck, 5:30 is when the game starts here and the sun won't be down for at least another hour.
So if anyone knows the answer to this, I'd love to hear it. It's a curious thing indeed.
The weather is wierd here. It is warm, but it's been warm. But suddenly the songbirds are singing and the air has a spring like smell to it. It's done wonders for my mood. I'm so glad. I know, spring in February, but apparently, that's when it happens around here. I'll take it. Maybe this is where I belong after all, a nice short winter followed by spring like smells and gorgeous weather!
I think we are going to a craft store today, after I clean. We have a window in our back door that used to have a miniblind covering it. However, whoever put it up, spaced the holder thingies too far and it was forever falling down. It is now broken, and we have nothing to cover our window. I hate this because the window looks right at our computer. So, I came up with this brilliant idea...way back when Matt was in Basic Training in 1997, I bought this whole craft kit thing from QVC. It came with gallery glass,. I had made some christmas decorations with them once upon a time, but had a bunch left over. We (and when I say we, I mean it was my idea, Matt will do it(he is the artistic one after all)) are going to try and be crafty and make some coverings for the window. I'll let you know how it goes as the project progresses. It's highly possible that we will just use the clear and make designs, just to make it so you can't see right in.
OK, I'm off to clean. I hope you all have a splendid day. Go SEAHAWKS!!!

2 comments:

Crayonsetc said...

My neighbors won't let their kids play on Sunday either, but they are told it is family day. So that is just what I always tell the dd... maybe to them playing is work... you know repect the sabbath and keep it holy. Maybe a super bowl party isn't work... it's a celebration, so it's ok to attend ;)

I'm not morman... so just totally guessing here ;)

Crayonsetc said...

Hey, if nothing else... a white mini blind at Wally World is $4!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...